Monday through Saturday, Aug. 1st – Aug. 21, 9 am-8pm
Registration is ongoing throughout the summer session.
Weekly or daily lessons are available in instruments and voice, and can be scheduled at convenient times throuout the day.
Summer school will offer individual and group lessons in various instruments for Children, Teens and Adults.
Tuition for private lessons is prorated based on your start date.
- After registering you will be assigned to a teacher. If the day/time and place of lessons you are given by the teacher is not suitable and not in accordance with your wishes stated on the registration form, the school must be notified within 2 days. The student will then be assigned to another teacher.
Please state, in the registration form all convenient days, times and localities for lessons. Also, it is very important to specify if there are days and times NOT suitable for you. Always state desired length of lessons in minutes.
- The school offers individual lessons of 30, 45 or 60 minutes duration. We also offer group lessons providing that two or more students register together for the lessons.
- If the student during the summer wishes to change the length of the lessons, this must be in agreement beforehand with Maya’s School of Performing Arts.
- During the course of his/her first lessons, the student may change to any other teacher he/she wishes, if other teachers are available. The school must receive an application at least 3 days before you change teachers. Send an application by email to the school and state your alternative choices of teachers. The school will then investigate whether or not the teachers of your choice are available at the desired days and times. Please specify all days and times that are convenient for you to take lessons.
- Tuition for private lessons is prorated based on your start date; fees are calculated from the date of the first lesson. You pay for an agreed number of lessons from the agreed first lesson. The price/fee will depend on the number of lessons from the first to the end of the semester, on the form of lessons, individual or group lessons and the length of the lessons.
- The fee is paid in advance, if not otherwise agreed with the school administration. At the first lesson, before the lesson starts, a copy of the receipt for the payment for the semester must be shown to the teacher.
- The teacher may, in accordance with his/her agreement with the school, not start his/her own or someone else’s business with students he/she has been assigned through the school. If a student terminates his/her agreement with the school and recommences lessons at a later stage with the teacher assigned to him/her by the school, the agreement between the teacher, the student and the school are still in effect. When a teacher quits or goes on leave from the school, his/her students will be assigned to a new teacher or substitute at the school.
- All lessons must be agreed to with the school and paid for to the school. Registration must not be done directly with the teacher.
Siblings, parents, friends and others who wish to take lessons with the teacher you have been assigned to through the school, must register for lessons before the first lesson at the school website/registration form or by calling the administration of Maya’s School of Performing Arts.
- Students who are absent from scheduled lessons will not be reimbursed for the lost lesson/s.
- If the teacher is absent for any reason from agreed lessons, a substitute teacher will be provided by the school or the lessons will be given at a later date by agreement with the student/parents.
Students may bring their own sheet music to the lessons. The teacher may also give information about where to buy sheet music when you come for lessons.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
Also contact the school’s administration if you wish to change or prolong the lessons, or if there are any changes regarding days and times you wish to make.
Note: Fall semester will start Sept.10th.
MAYA’s Norwegian School of Performing Arts will gradually expand the educational offerings to include classes in Music- Dance- Theater- Crafts.